The exercise of public security includes in particular:
- The prosecution of crimes against life, personal liberty and property rights.
- The suppression of the illicit trafficking of antiquities, works of art and cultural goods.
- Searching and arresting persons who have been prosecuted.
- Searching for persons who have been disappeared and objects which have been lost or stolen.
- Collection and utilization of information related to issues of public security department.
- Cooperation and exchange of information with co-competent national, foreign and international.
- Organizations and Law Enforcement Services, on issues of public security.
The exercise of state security includes in particular:
- Protecting the State and its Democracy from any undermining acts.
- Preventing and tacking acts of violence and terrorism.
- Keeping in Force current legislation concerning trafficking of weapons and explosives.
- Collecting and utilizating information related to issues of State security and national interest in general.
- Receing measures to present and encounter incidents of piracy in ships in area of responsibility.
- Cooperating and exchanging information with co-competent national, foreign and international organizations and Law Enforcement Agencies, on issues of State security.